Blogger.com Custom domains not for business blog

Don't use blogger.com and the custom domains feature for a business blog, even if you have a totally customised blogger template. Today 2nd June 2008 blogger.com suffered an outage, which meant I could not post on my blog, neither could anyone access any blogs hosted by blogger.com. This included blogs on blogspot.com and all blogs using custom domains.

Even though using a custom domain means you can use any of your registered domains as the address for your blog, because the blog is still hosted on blogger.com, any outage on blogger.com will also affect your blog!

Non of my custom domains hosted on blogger.com where business critical, but it just occured to me, that some small businesses or people running business from home, might be using the custom domain feature for their make money online blogs.

It is a shame that blogger layouts are not supported on ftp hosted blogger blogs, as I wouldn't have thought twice about moving my blogs to that option.

I'm hoping that today's blogger.com outage will be the last for a long time

Labels: , , ,
0 comments:

Post a Comment