Hitachi DZ-HV565E Auto Focus

The auto focus on my Hitachi HD Camera can not be disabled or turned off, this creates a problem, as the algolrithm doesn't always choose the right thing to focus on, as shown by the video clip below.



I'm interested in my shoe which takes up most of the shot, but the Hitachi DZ-HV565E is more inclined to focus on the black surface in the background. Not very selective!



While I like the quality of images produced by this cheap HD camera, this issue does put it in the bad books for me, as serious home movie maker would not be able to be creative if he can tell the camera what to focus on. I'm still going to hang on to mine though.

Labels: ,
3 comments:
gravatar
AllanTaximan said...
3:37 pm  

I have the same issue with mine. Have you sorted it yet?

gravatar
Shola said...
7:43 am  

No, I havent found a solution to the DZ-HV565E auto focus issue. What I tend to do is not zoom in too much to my subjects when shooting HD video, this tends to help.

It is a shame as this slight bug does make this very good Hitachi camera a bit bad. Maybe they can come up with a firware fix.

gravatar
Unknown said...
7:17 pm  

Yes this bug is very bad; thanks for the solution u give here. Few weeks ago I bought some installation equipment at online electronics store.


Steve Parker

Post a Comment