My Sony Ericsson K750i mobile phone - Update

Remember the Sony Ericsson requirements that my new mobile phone was supposed to meet?

Well here is an update on how my Sony Ericsson K750i mobile phone scores against that list.

Camera Phone- This phone has surpassed this requirement as shown by my separate Hang Gliding photos blog. For my upcoming flying adventure, most of the photos I will be taking are either going to be of the landscapes I will be flying over, people I meet or places I visit, and the camera on the SE K750i will meet those functions without a problem. I might be carrying along a second camera, but that will be in the support vehicle.

Phone - I don't have any demanding requirements here, I need to be able to make and receive calls without too much ado, and the SE K750i does that.

Calendar - I use my office outlook calendar a lot to help me keep track of my personal activities, and since I got the SE K750i, I now have a full copy of my office calendar on both my SE K750i as well as my home PC, so now I won't forget to pay an important bill because I've got a day off work.

FM radio - I'm not sure why I put this on my requirements list, as now that I have the phone, I hardly use the FM radio! It might have something to do with the fact that the reception on the radio is not very good inside buildings, and that since the headphones act as the antenna, you need to leave it hanging free to provide decent reception.

Voice Recorder - The Sony Ericsson K750i does have a voice recorder which will allow me to record notes as I undertake my adventure, but unfortunately the audio clips are not recorded in MP3 format, so I will not be able to podcast directly using these recordings. If anyone knows or has found an easy way of converting these recordings to MP3 format, please let me know, As that would really make life easy for me if I'm able to podcast directly from the SE K750i.

MP3 Player - I have used the MP3 player on the SE K750i more than I anticipated, a favourite use of mine being listening to the Bible. I'm not a sophisticated user, so can't comment on playlists, as I just have one playlist which just repeats the MP3 tracks that I listen to. If you are really interested in a phone with a better MP3 player, you could check out Sony Ericsson's W800i, or if you are an iTunes fan, Motorola's ROKR.

One added bonus for me has been the email function of the phone. I'm not a SMS addict, and thus don't like using mobile phones to send text as it takes too long to type out a decent message (at least for me it does), but my Virgin Mobile tariff includes standard wap access in my monthly free minutes bundle, so I can send pictures and a some text to my blog without incurring extra charges, thus saving me 35p for each picture message I would have sent.
By the way I was unable to get picture messaging to work with Flickr, so at the moment if you want to moblog and are on Virgin, then picture messaging will not work with Flickr, it seems Virgin's MMS to email gateway changes the way the picture is sent, and thus the picture is not recognised by Flickr. I also tried sending a MMS message to my home address, and that did not come out as well, so don't waste you money trying to send a picture or other MMS message to an email address via Virgin. MMS to other mobile phones seems to work okay though.

So in a nutshell I'm happy with my Sony Ericsson K750i mobile phone.

Labels:
3 comments:
gravatar
Anonymous said...
3:22 pm  

I can see that you are a happy user of your SE K750i. How decent is the quality of the output when you are playing FM Stereo on speakerphone?

gravatar
Anthony Arojojoye said...
11:32 pm  

I use AudioCatalyst to convert most of my music files to MP3 and it's just perfect.
Dunno if it'll work for u.

gravatar
Anonymous said...
4:53 am  

Hi Mr. Shola.

I'm from Malaysia and I've been using the same phone model as yours and it really meet my daily requirement usage. Lately I discover an application that you can download from S.E website. This sofware's name is "Shozu" . With proper setting , you can send out photo taken with your phone camera straight to your blog or Flickr. But of cause you can always post to your secret email using your phone email service.

Post a Comment