Nokia 2310 Speed Dial setup



The Nokia 2310 phone is a cheap mobile phone on offer from the Nokia stable, and while it is not something that will be of much interest to a gadgets fan like myself, I found myself in possession of one due to the fact that my trusted Sony Ericsson K750i mobile phone was broken and I needed a quick replacement mobile phone while I decided on the upgrade model I was going to buy.

The first thing I noticed with my new Nokia 2310 phone was that I needed to setup the speed dial settings, as this was a feature I used very much on my old mobile phone, especially since I could call home by just pressing one button instead of having to go through my contacts list and then choosing my home number.

To setup speed dial on the Nokia 2310 mobile phone, there are just a few steps to take.

1. Make sure you have created contact entries for the numbers you want to assign a speed dial on your Nokia phone.

2. You only have 8 speed dial numbers available to use on the 2310, numbers 2-9, as 1 is automatically assigned the voicemail speed dial code and is not changeable (this is convetional on all mobile phones), while 0 is not available.

3. You now need to activate speed dialing on the Nokia 2310, by selecting menu, contacts, speed dials, on. This makes the feature now available and the phone will automatically assign contacts to the numbers 2-9 which we will want to edit to our preference.

4. To edit the pre-assigned numbers on the phone, go to menu, contacts, speed dials, edit. The first pre-assigned key 2 will be displayed with the contact number, to change this select options, change to call (if you want make a phone call to the number), or change to SMS (if you want to send a SMS text message). You will now be presented with your contacts list, scroll through till you get to the number required for this speed dial, and press select, you should see a message confirming the change and the sreeen will then show the new number assigned to key 2. Scroll down to the next key, select assign and repeat the process till all 8 keys have numbers allocated to them.

You now have 8 speed dials setup on the Nokia 2310 mobile phone for quick calls or text messaging.

0 comments:

Post a Comment