Flat Panel TV

I mentioned in my samsung DVD player that I'm thinking of getting a Flat Panel TV to which I intend connecting a Home Theatre PC.

So while I save my 50 cent up for the purchase, I thought I'd share my thoughts about what technology I'm going for. If you want to make your own decision or want to see the LCD vs Plasma debate, then there is plenty of information on the internet.

I'm going for a LCD Flat Panel TV for the following reasons:

  • LCD uses much less electricity and runs cooler (we should take care of our planet).

  • LCD TVs are lighter and thus easier to handle and less fragile.

  • LCD technology has virtually caught up with Plasma in terms of picture quality, and while Plasma provides a much smoother picture for fast moving action (eg sports), LCD technology is not far behind and products from some of the major brands are very good.

  • The screen size I require is only available for Flat Panel LCD TVs.


  • Having said that, all I now need is the money, and a 32" LCD TV will be replacing my old 28" widescreen CRT TV.

    I haven't got an exact model in mind yet (specifications change frequently), and by the time I'm ready, there might be something better or more affordable on the market.

    What do I expect from a LCD TV?

    It has to be HD capable, so screen resolution of 1366 x 768 or better.

    Have both VGA and DVI connectors. HDMI, is not important for me (at this moment), as I don't intend lining SKY's pocket with my money for their HD service.

    It must support RGB over Scart for best picture quality from my SKY digibox.

    More Reading
    AVForums

    Labels: ,
    0 comments:

    Post a Comment