My Samsung 709 DVD Player

Samsung DVD Player



My first and current DVD player is the Samsung 709 DVD Player.

I've had this player since January 2000, not long after it was introduced into the UK market, marking the beginning of affordable DVD players for the consumer. If I can remember right, it was one of the cheapest samsung DVD players on the market at the time, but had features that rivaled the likes of Sony, Toshiba and other leading brands.

One of the reasons for the popularity of this samsung DVD player in the UK was the ease with which it could be made multi-region using an AIWA remote, so popular was this player that a website totally dedicated to it was born. More info about this player can be found at

http://www.709online.com/709faq.htm

This DVD player is now getting old, and seems to be having problems coping with the latest generation (2005) DVD discs out on the market, so a replacement is due. I have however not made up my mind as to whether I should get a new samsung DVD Player or build a HTPC. The main issue being I don't have a LCD or Plasma TV yet!

I think I will keep my Samsung 709 DVD player for the moment, probably as a second player, it might turn out to be a collector's item in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment