Gadget Man

I'm on-call this week at work, and as I'm a member of a team that supports the email system of a large legal firm, this is a great responsibility.

As I sit on the train home, I count the number of gadgets (electronic devices) I have on me, five!

One Blackberry, One Pager, Two Mobile Phones and One SecurID token. This is not Smart Working, but I have no choice.

The Blackberry is for the team, so is the pager, one mobile phone is mine, the other belongs to my firm and the SecurID token allows me to connect to the office intranet via my home broadband connection.

Now if I really wanted to show off, I could also have taken another gadget the on call laptop and the on call mobile phone (the service desk is given a central number to call irrespective of who in the team is on call).

It looks like I'm working too hard, and should be looking at ways of using technology to ease my job! I will when I own my own company, maybe a gadgets man dream.

Labels: ,
3 comments:
gravatar
Nneka's World said...
9:35 am  

Na wa oh! Only you get all these gadgets! Wow hmm lets just say that you were ever robbed(not that it would happen)you have made the thief's day, can you imagine how much that would cost?
Nice blog keep me posted about gadgets i am a gadget freak myself, but alas not financially stable enough to load myself with them.

gravatar
Anonymous said...
5:35 pm  

Now I know a technofreak when I see one. By all means get some some insurance for those devices if you must go out with all of them at the same time.

gravatar
Shola said...
5:50 pm  

I try to keep the devices hidden, so you probably wouldn't know I'm that loadded.

On the other hand with such an arsenal, I'm no match for an poorly equipped robber.

Go Go Gadget Man

Post a Comment